Wearing the right jersey and headband and brandishing the right flag, they start singing part of the official
of cheering chants of the corresponding club. In the case of Boca, it goes like this:
(If you don’t jump, you’re a hen -name used to refer to River Plate fans), which succeeds in making everyone on the bus a fan of Boca. This nomadic group of tourists soon becomes part of Argentina. They are already Boca fans. On the stalls, screams of goal and a shared hug in the end accompanies other chants like
(we are gonna be champions), which start to be heard from their own mouths.
Celebrations continue outside the stadium with pizza and very cold beer. After that, everyone leaves the neighborhood of La Boca
feeling some kind of nostalgia, honoring the tango lyrics con la frente marchita
(with a withered face). Then the buses take all tourists back to the starting point. Feeling safe and sound but different inside, each of them has become another "bostero"
(manure collectors, or the name used to refer to Boca fans). Some advice before going to the stadium
In order to enjoy this experience without any inconvenience, it is essential to take into consideration certain tips:
- Do not carry valuables. In the event of carrying photo cameras, hang them around your neck and never ask strangers to take a picture of you with them, even if they look friendly and helpful.
- Carry little cash and documents. Try to have some change and not too show it. Do likewise with valuables or other items you cannot leave at your hotel.
- Do not drink alcohol as your blood alcohol level will be tested at the entrance to the stadium. It is ideal to be sober so as to make the most of the show.
- Try to control your emotions outside the stadium, both before and after the match, so as to avoid any confrontation with your opponents. Celebrations should occur only inside the stadium.
- Do not go apart from the group you are with. Always refer to the tour organizers to avoid getting lost both outside and inside the stadium.
- If you get lost, refer to some authority figure and inform them you are lost. Always carry the address of your hotel with you.